Lasso Professional 8.6 Change Notes
This page summarizes the changes made in recent revisions of Lasso Professional 8.6. Visit the Lasso 8.6 download page for the latest official version.
- Added -HttpOnly option to cookie_set and session_start tags. (#7590)
- Added signing of Linux RPMs.
- Improved: better support for EAN8 & EAN13 barcode generation.
- Improved: expanded list of MIME types to include new font and MS Office file types.
- Fixed: issue where installing Lasso 8 would cause an existing Lasso 9 installation to stop working on Mac.
- Fixed: set default security context of connector on CentOS. (#7656)
- Fixed: removed need to modify sudoers file on CentOS for Lasso to start on boot.
- Fixed: crash on 64-bit CentOS 6. (#7659)
- Fixed: misspellings in greaterThanOrEquals and compare_notcontains definitions.
- Fixed: malformed data being returned from Oracle databases.
- Fixed: LassoApps not being handled when loaded via the Include tag.
- Fixed: crash when accessing a Filemaker portal with no related records. (#7490)
- Fixed: Site Admin will only show Enable All/Disable All buttons if all users are listed. (#7573)
- Fixed: Image tag rejecting image paths as invalid. (#7583)
August 2, 2013
- Added support for installation on OS X 10.7, 10.7 Server, 10.8, 10.8 Server. (#7405, #7444)
- Added preliminary support for installation on OS X 10.9 and 10.9 Server.
- Added support for installation on CentOS 6.
- Added new 64-bit ISAPI and Apache 2.2 connectors on Windows.
- Added new -timeout parameter for MySQL connections.
- Added support for sessions on SQL Server connections.
- Added handling in JSON.lasso for escaped characters in strings. (#7412)
- Added new help text on LassoApp build page.
- Improved: uninstaller does a better job of cleaning up by removing hidden temp files and installer receipts on Mac.
- Improved: updated OS_Process on Windows.
- Improved: uses CRLF line breaks in Apache config files on Windows.
- Improved: closes DNS queries with endhostent() in various places to troubleshoot DNS deafness.
- Improved: session data is encoded with encode_sql92().
- Improved: MySQL queries now surround column and table names with backticks. (#7413)
- Improved: Oracle queries now surround table names with double quotes. (#7385)
- Improved: Bumped sqlapi to version 4.0.1.
- Improved: Bumped ICU to version to 4.6.1.
- Fixed: the "lasso" user no longer shows in the Users & Groups preference pane on Mac.
- Fixed: resolves crash with Java on 64-bit installations on Linux.
- Fixed: resolves crash after using ftp_putfile on Windows. (#7468)
- Fixed: avoids permission errors under non-admin accounts by no longer using a temp file for buffered reads on Windows.
- Fixed: corrected issues with storing data in Oracle encoded as UTF-8. (#7386, #7402)
- Fixed: better handling of SMTP connections when STARTTLS is used.
- Fixed: Apache connector properly handles headers exceeding 1KB. (#7474)
- Fixed: iCal tags parse non-ASCII characters properly. (#7434)
- Fixed: improved file export of server settings. (#7536)
- Fixed: updated [lasso_version] options.
- Fixed: admin interface understands "Lasso-8.6"-style serial numbers and considers case when checking. (#7377)
- Fixed: updated admin interface images and CSS to improve rendering on modern browsers.
- Fixed: updated contact info in admin interface's Support tabs.
- Fixed: corruption of tag names in memory. (#7401)
- Removed extraneous debugging code.
May 5, 2011
- Added [Decimal_SetGlobalDefaultPrecision] tag to set global output precision for [Decimal] types.
- Global precision can be overridden using the ->setFormat tag.
[Decimal_SetGlobalDefaultPrecision( Integer )]
74.0 + 0.232; // 74.232000
Decimal_SetGlobalDefaultPrecision( 2 );
74.0 + 0.232 // 74.23
Changes in Lasso 8.6
This summarizes changes made in the final release of Lasso Professional 8.6 April 20, 2011 and the first major update of the 8* version for over 3 years.
Added JSON tags from the TotW. (#7337)
Improved: The fix to 7328 also led to identifying and delivering improved connection speed
Changed log growth behaviour. When LassoErrors.txt reaches 10MB in size, it will be trimmed down to 5MB with newer entries retained. (also relates to issue #7319)
Supported OS Versions
Lasso 8.6 is recompiled to support the following operating systems and architectures:
Mac OS X 10.5/10.6 i386/ppc
CentOS 5.5 i386/x86_64
For a full list of currently supported versions please view the Versions page
Updated site admin links to support at lassosoft
Fixed issue where [Math_Abs] was incorrectly rounding numbers. (#7344)
Fixed issue where private member variables can not be accessed from within inlines. (#7343)
Fixed issue where the Apache 2.2 connector was consuming 100% of the CPU. (#7333)
Fixed issue where Lasso would return a 500 error page with content of a certain length. (#7332)
Fixed issue where the -tableEncoding parameter was ignored in the MySQL connector. (#7331)
Fixed PDF issues and incorporated Bil Cory's fixes
Fixed issue where Lasso would spawn extra "zombie" process when a site crashed. (#7328)
Fixed CentOS 5.5 64 Bit
Fixed file_probeEOL now works properly when given either string or bytes objects
Fixed Lasso Unicode where 4 Byte characters are not inserted in SQL statements (7107)
Fixed typo in LJAX header that repored X-JLAX. (#7105)
Fixed issue where Lasso would crash when trying to unserialize invalid XML. (#7086)
Fixed issue where unsigned 32-bit integers were being treated as signed when being serialized. (#6984)
Fixed issue with resetting the serveradmin password (6920)
Fixed issue with default error.lasso deprecated tag
Fixed issue where [Currency] was outputting incorrectly. (#6699)
Fixed issue where [Math_Abs] returned strange results when passed an empty string. Now returns 0. (#6643)
Fixed issue where [Date] did not return current date when passed an empty string. (#6562)
Fixed threading issue in LJAPI.
Fixed issue where Oracle connector crashed Lasso when using -add or -update.
Fixed issue where PostgreSQL connector crashed Lasso when using -add or -update.
Fixed issue where PostgreSQL return decimals with a precision of 65000+ places.
Fixed issue with PostgreSQL and UFT-8 data.
Fixed very small memory leak (1 byte) in MySQL connector.
Changed: The Lasso installer no longer configures the Default site on IIS. It now creates a virtual directory. (See Release Notes.txt)
Closed: Email_send delays: caused by dependence on speed of quoted-printable encoding that was since moved to native code.
Closed Map-> RemoveAll Fail. Maps don't support this. They rely on each key being unique, so if a match is found, map believes it's the only match.
Investigation was continued on:
7336 Update Internal Cache Tags
7334 Update Internal Libraries
7327 Admin notification of email queue growth
7325 Lasso consumes memory
7324 Lasso does not automatically restart after a crash in CentOS 5
7323 DNS Deafness. Detailed review of instances of this did not lead to any identifiable and fixable cause. Issue Pending More Information
Lasso Connector for Apache 2.2 not loading on Windows XP.
Oracle connector does not currently support UTF-8 data.