These tutorials are presented and prepared in a down-to-earth manner to assist you with learning how to use, or advancing your use of, Lasso. There are three sections, categorized by level of difficulty and understanding.
Before you can hope to understand Lasso, you need to start by understanding a little about how the internet works.
101. What is Lasso?
Lasso gives website pages the ability to be dynamic and interactive by changing the content on the pages on-the-fly, pages which are then sent to a computer over the Web to be read by a browser.
102. Using Logic
One of the key things you need to learn to do when making a web page dynamic is introduce "logic".
103. Using Variable Information
Through conditional logic we can achieve changes to the content of our page through simple IF statements.
104. Using Groups of Information: Arrays and Maps
There is still another way to make our code easier to manage, so that later we don't have to dig through code as our code becomes more complex.
105. Interacting with a Browser
Now that we have a piece of dynamic code which dynamically changes the color and salutation of our site depending on the time of day, we should strongly consider affecting our new web page based on the person who is visiting us.
106. Using Math- Learn more about how to put together powerful Math processes triggered from user interactions with your sites. Content suggestions sought from the community.
Learn how to send an email with Lasso 9 in response to a contact form from a website to make your sites work for you and your clients.
108. Understanding Cookies and Sessions
Cookies and Sessions are fundamental to creating rich, interactive internet applications. Learn how to set and read cookies, and how to troubleshoot them.
109. Passing information from page to page - content suggestions sought from the community
The following Tutorials are planned, and content suggestions are sought.
Intermediate Level Tutorials
201. Using Databases
202. Creating Forms
203. Creating other files
204. Coding Styles: The Elements of style
Advanced Level Tutorials
300. OOP Programming
303. Comparing Languages
©LassoSoft Inc 2015 | Web Development by Treefrog Inc | Privacy | Legal terms and Shipping | Contact LassoSoft